[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Blog and Ping - A Tale of the Unexpected!

Blog and Ping - A Tale of the Unexpected!

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Blog and Ping - A Tale of the Unexpected!

Postby Tel » Fri May 04, 2007 8:44 pm

I've posted this short note in other forums (never one to pass up a chance to post and get my sig seen!) and I've just posted a longer version on my blog, bit if you haven't seen it anywhere else, this just highlights the promotional power of blog and ping...

I'd heard about the benefits of pinging a blog every time you update it, but not until the night before last did I see the real power of this mini-phenomenon.

I'vecreated a new website called alt-cures.com but it's not quite ready for me to start advertising it because I haven't added any articles to it yet. There is a good list of affiliate products in their own page on the site, so it's ready to go business-wise. But I wanted to have a few articles sitting in the article database before I began promoting it.

I added a wordpress blog to the site a few days ago and posted a "hello world" first post. Then I pinged it, using the usual ping sites, like king ping, pingoat and the ping service here at The Honest Way, more out of habit than anything else.

Well, the night before last I checked my clickbank account and nearly fell off my chair when I saw I'd made an affiliate sale off that site!

Now, for a brand new website that no-one could otherwise know about, that's a pretty strong endorsement for the power of blog and ping!!!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:35 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:43 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby magnetize » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:14 am

magnetize

Postby Tel » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:41 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:54 pm

Tammy

tam2005

Postby magnetize » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:55 am

magnetize

Postby Tel » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:03 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:04 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:54 pm

Terry...I was wondering the same thing! LOL :shock: :lol:
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:31 pm

:lol: :lol: I know, it was early in the morning and my eyes were probably still half shut - and brain not fully engaged either! :roll:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby magnetize » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:53 am

magnetize

Postby iball » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:23 am

Ian
¦ ¦
iball

Postby magnetize » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:22 am

magnetize

Postby Tel » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:13 am

Here's a question for you guys.

When leaving comments on other people's blogs, you normally get a box to enter your website URL. In the comment box itself, some blogs allow html - most importantly <a>. That opens the door to add a second link in the body of the comment.

So, is it more weight attributed to the link using the anchor tag (with hypertext) in the body of the comment than the URL you add to the little box above?

And also of importance, is the owner of the blog going to delete your comment for having that extra link in the body?
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby iball » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:29 am

I put a blog together yesterday for it's 19 words long and has 1 link to my recruitment site.

No great skill in putting it together and is really just a catchment page and my first blog in anger.

Within a few hours it ranked #1 on Google for the term "freebieforce" and #6 for "Freebie Force".

I quite like this blogging business.

Now I'll just have to put some content in there and make it a little more attractive.
Ian
¦ ¦
iball

Postby magnetize » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:36 am

magnetize

Postby Tel » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:48 pm

That's what I thought! I tried it a few times in different blogs to see if there was any way round the nofollow by using anchor tags, but there isn't.

Having that little icon displaying all nofollow links can really get you down!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Promotion and Marketing