[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Lost my atricles

Lost my atricles

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Lost my atricles

Postby ftello » Sat May 05, 2007 7:33 am

Hey how is everyone doing?

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who posted articles in my directory. And a few day ago I was changing some things around and deleted the folder that had all my articles in it. So at that point I just decided to redo the look of my site it is back up now but only has a few articles.

Thats what I get for not backing up those files...

Frank

P.S. like the name change Tel
| |
ftello

Postby Tel » Sun May 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Thanks Frank. That must have been a bit catastrophic! That's the problem with only having a folder on the server and not running backups there. Once you delete something, it's pretty well gone for good! I used to work on a linux server and there really is no "undelete" available. There are some tools that might get lost files back, but doing it is an absolute nightmare!

I always keep a copy of everything I've got on the server here on my PC's hard drive, plus a backup of THAT onto CD! Better safe than sorry! :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Lost my atricles

Postby cherie2710 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:07 am

Take it as a lesson learnt.

Remember to backup your data.
Cherie Ang

cherie2710

Return to Promotion and Marketing