[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - The real money in IM?

The real money in IM?

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

The real money in IM?

Postby DavidO » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:38 am

I keep getting the sneaking suspicion that the *real* money in IM (what the guru's arn't telling us) is in selling make money online products to internet marketers. Consulting, hosting affiliate commissions, clickbank products etc. I keep hearing "build a list." The money is in the list. This sort of talk is rampant on the warriors forum.

Did I just find the secret?

I have a mastermind group starting on this concept. The first 50 people get a a free e-book too! :twisted:

-Dave

Seriously, is this true?
DavidO

Re: The real money in IM?

Postby Tel » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:46 am

To a point its true - you can make money selling crap to noobs, which is what the Warriors all go echoing each other about. The big money is in having a huge list that the A listers use as cash cows to milk every time a new pile of crap gets released at Clickbank or wherever. The rest of the noobs jumping on the bandwagon get to pick up the scraps.

To create a list big enough to make big money with, you need to have been at this game for at least a couple of years and really thrash the bollocks out of it. Very few people actually achieve this and thousands fall by the wayside trying.

I know so because I was once one of those noobs who fell into that mindset and it barely made me enough to pay for my hosting and cover my costs. It was a bad path to follow and I soon realised it was an empty promise.

Finding Griz was a breath of fresh air and solid proof that you don't have to pimp crap to noobs to make money online. Therefore you don't need a list and you don't need to waste your time ploughing through the Warriors forum listening to all the recycled crap the self promoting A listers spew out.

The real money is in the SERPs and finding and then dominating well paying niches to get the traffic - and monetising either with adsense or affiliate products or eBay etc.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby djnuttall » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:21 pm

DavidO,

Terry is right on! Peddling crap to newbies is a shallow way to make money online. This just makes these people snake oil salespeople. This is not long term residual income. Thats why whenever you get on any of these guys lists they are always flooding your inbox with all the latest and greatest crap that comes down the road. If you stop buying, they do not make money. These people definitely know how to pull your strings with get rich quick schemes. They would all make great shady used car salesmen. All these guys do is hurt people and give online marketing a bad name.
I spent thousands of dollars following these quacks and lost my ass.
I am still trying to rebound from this fiasco!
Grizz, Court and this forum will give you the straight deal and you do not have to pay anyone any money. with these techniques you build a site, get it ranked, ad adsense and make money over and over. Then you rinse and repeat!
djnuttall

Postby DeMerchant » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:56 pm

I agree and disagree...

Let's not kid ourselves... Grizz and Court make good money peddling good products to IM'ers... are they good products, yes. Do you think Grizz wrote completly out of the goodness of his heart? No.

I appreciate what Court and Grizz provide me, and thus I give products they show me a shot. I don't mind giving them a commission. But they do make money (and rightfully so) off the information they provide.

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby bgmacaw » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:39 pm

Shhhh....don't tell anyone but I've been active in the Warrior Forum so that I can flog Blog Content Wizard and maybe some other IM products and eBooks I create later. :-o

There's some money in the niche, no doubt. Unfortunately, it mostly comes from newbie's pockets, not unlike MLMs. That's why I'm going to primarily use underground, word-of-mouth, marketing rather than massive list and JV build-and-flog to sell my products.
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby lissie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:06 pm

Yeah but Frank - you are acutally produce products that will work for a noob who will do the work - that's a bit of a difference with most of the sh**t pushed at WF! They won't buy it if you don't have an affiliate scheme though :P
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Brawnydt » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:47 pm

There is decent money in consulting, that's what I am doing until my projects reach a level where they can sustain me. Whether or not you decide to push your affiliate links on your clients is your choice. I personally like to get my clients to pay for the services, and use them for my own projects. It works out quite nicely for me. :)

When it comes to developing products I keep saying tat anybody who can make a decent program like BCW, Jetspinner, or BMD that will run on a Mac is sitting on a decent pile of cash.
Brawnydt

Postby DavidO » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:48 pm

I typed up this post after receiving my millionth email in a week from the UAW guy. It was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but like everything like that, there is some truth in it.

I guess my serious question is if there is good passive money in the SERPs, then why do people like Court and Mark (from the keywordacademy - Court's partner) offer consulting and training videos? It seems like you build a couple good sites, then flog the method that you used to built those sites. I've seen numerous warrior threads where one guy goes on about how he did what in how long and then loads and loads of follow up posts about "Can I buy your eBook," or "What about a mastermind group."
DavidO

Postby gabbyjay268 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:19 pm

gabbyjay268

Postby lissie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby DavidO » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:12 am

Moved to different post.