[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - SEO Elite = Google Ban?!

SEO Elite = Google Ban?!

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

SEO Elite = Google Ban?!

Postby korprit » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:26 pm

this morning i went to check my sites rankings using SEO elite...half way through i got nothing but 'not found'.....most of those sites were top 10 sites so naturally i was a bit panicky

i pulled up google manually and did a search for a term and got a splash page instead of results saying my search was suspected of being a spider or spamware. type in a captcha to see the results. i did....and now all my searches are working again.

has anyone encountered this? using SEO elite? or the rank checker plugin from seobook? (which also now fails)

anyway to avoid this?
korprit

Re: SEO Elite = Google Ban?!

Postby gabbyjay268 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:57 pm

This happened to me with the SEO Book rank checker on Saturday morning. I was checking about 70 terms to see how I rank on an experiment I am doing when I stopped getting results 40 or 50 terms into it. I got on Google and got the same spam message thing. But I have since used the tool just fine when I have been searching for just a handful of terms. It probably has something to do with the number of requests being sent that are very similar to each other.
gabbyjay268

Postby Brawnydt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:55 pm

This can also happen with niche finder and the other programs that hit Google hard and heavy. Just toss up a proxy to hide behind and keep on keepin on.
Brawnydt

Postby lissie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:20 pm

Or wait for a few hours - it will go away! Its not a big deal but it happens regularly for me on SEOElite and KWelite
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby korprit » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:45 pm

i found it rather odd since i havent updated the word list in 3 months. i run separate lists to avoid this. this is my oldest list and never encountered it until today.

am glad that it sounds like an isolated incident and not, what i feared, a wide spread change with queries against G
korprit

Return to Promotion and Marketing