[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Article submission experiences

Article submission experiences

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Article submission experiences

Postby daniboy » Mon May 14, 2007 7:39 pm

Last week I decided to make my first article submission to a directory, and my writing skills aren't the greatest.

The blog/site is 14 days or so old. I wrote the article for the site, then edited it down for the article directory with some anchor links in it.

Both were posted at the same time 6 days ago (last tuesday).
Within 48 hours my blog/site was indexed and ranked 4, 5 & 14 in google for the three targed phrases, and stills ranks there.
Now has 5 diggs, 3 technorati authorities, downloaded 35 times and on 2 sites that I can find.

I'm not 100% sure if it was soley the links from the article directory that caused this to be so quick or a combination of the diggs etc.....

One thing I know for sure is that I'll definately look into and use article submission again :wink:
~ ~
daniboy

Postby reallykool » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:12 am

reallykool

Postby jackmoney » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:19 pm

jackmoney

Re: Article submission experiences

Postby DavidO » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:33 am

Sounds like you wrote a smoking article.

Court suggests article marketer though the free service has a steep learning curve to get your article out. It's been 2 months and counting for mine.

Dave O
DavidO

Postby DavidO » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:14 am

Well it finally got reviewed and subsequently rejected because it's title was too generic, and the content was thought to be too much of an ad. This was after my original article was rejected for being an ad as well. Frustrating.
DavidO

Postby GT Bulmer » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:04 am

Hello, DavidO:

I hear your pain. However, the article directories and other publishing sites want to make sure that
the content they post for readers is actually targeted for the benefit of the readers and not for the
writer. Even so, they typically allow you to market yourself in the signature or resource box.

My mentors promote Article Marketing as one of the most important methods of Internet Marketing
that you can perform. Although I am a writer and I post to my blog every couple of days, I have been
slow to jump on the Article Marketing bandwagon. However, this past week I have written five new
articles and submitted them to .

Three have been accepted and published. The other two, I just wrote and submitted Saturday and
Sunday, so I expect to hear about them in the next couple of days. I made sure that these articles
strictly informational and not promotional at all. Readers appreciate that, and publishers will approve
your articles much quicker if you read and obey their guidelines.

Dave, I know it is frustrating, but don't give up on article marketing. Learn from the experience,
adapt accordingly, and hit it again!

GT :-)

GT Bulmer

Return to Promotion and Marketing