[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Adsense and Lenses and Blogs... oh my

Adsense and Lenses and Blogs... oh my

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Adsense and Lenses and Blogs... oh my

Postby Abby » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi all! :-)

So I'm back. Or trying to get back. About a year or so ago, I jumped into the IM game head first and like many "I wanna make money online" newbies, I was distracted by one shiny object after another. And as we all know, that gets you nowhere... fast. Needless to say, I didn't do so well, not to mention, I lost my job and then found myself unable to pay rent and/or other bills and living on friends' couches. So, I tabled the make money online dream and focused on not being homeless.

Now that I have a job (if you can call it that) and a place to live again, I started thinking about maybe trying the Internet Marketing thing again. I thought I was done with it for good but found myself waking up every morning thinking about it. So the last month or so, I occasionally wandered back into The Shed poking around, reading a post here, clicking there. You know, just to see what's the what. I've gone back to Griz's MMO blogs trying to make heads or tails of making money with Adsense and free blogger blogs. I dug out my old printout of Griz's post "The big picture folks". Basically, dipping my toe in first to check the water instead of head diving into the shallow end like last time.

And this is what I've found... I'm a little lost. :shock: I have a good general understanding. Blogs, building links, carefully interconnecting, spinning articles and so on and so forth. Oh yeah, and tons and tons of work and pages.

I guess, I'm overwhelmed by the plethora of info in all the posts here on the forum and on Griz's blogs. And I can't even begin to look at Court's site even though I know there's a lot of good stuff there along with all the amazing info on everyone else's sites. Add the stress of "oh my God, how will I pay my bills this month if business doesn't pick up at the J.O.B." (I'm a server at a restaurant and too many employees + too little guests = small tips and another possible lay off)

Anyhoo, I'm trying to formulate a game plan. And this time, instead of throwing money at one pipe dream after another, (one, because that doesn't work and two, because i don't have any money :lol: ) I've decided to go the free route and use the things I still have from my last attempts at all of this. You know, since I can't seem to free myself from the ironclad grip of this Internet Marketing creature.

So, I do plan on catching up on posts here but I am anxious to start. I don't want to fall into the trap of reading and reading and never doing... Believe it or not, after all that rambling, I have some questions. (i've always been a little long winded)

Are there any changes I should be aware of as I begin again? Is the info in "The big picture folks" still a pretty good starting point? What about Griz's posts on his MMO blogger blog. Specifically the "Make Money Blogging" posts. I know they were written a long time ago and he had updated them but the updates are more than a year old, too.

I have BANS. I feel like I should use it. Is anyone having much success with it?

How about Bookmarking Demon and Blogger Generator? I did purchase these but can't seem to find them on my computer. (i'll have to do something about that) But anyone using these? Are they useful tools?

And how the heck do y'all keep up with everything? Squidoo, Hubpages, blogger blogs, Wordpress blogs, IDENTITIES!!?!?!

OK, I'm gonna stop now. I'm sure I'll have many, many more questions as I progress. But this is a good starting point.

I'm a little scared but also excited about trying this again. And if you made through this post, thank you so much for reading this far!

Abby
Abby

Re: Adsense and Lenses and Blogs... oh my

Postby DeMerchant » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:53 pm

Abby,

Right now I would focus on one thing if I was you. HubPages and InfoBarrel (ok that' two things)... go read BenK's blog about his experience and that is a good was for you to start out.

--DeMerchant

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby dgodot » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:57 pm

Probably the easiest way to get started right now is to link your adsense & google analytics accounts to a hubpage account, and then proceed to build a bunch of keyword-targeted 800-word hubpages.

Don't check your stats at all until you have at least 50 of them, 100 if you can handle the tension. Just write and write and write and write. And send some links from each hub to the next.

If you need help figuring out how to pick keywords, the videos at thekeywordacademy are well worth your $1.

Then when you have a lot of hubs, go into your google analytics stats and figure out which ones are ranking pretty easy, and then go and build full 5 or 6 site posts for them and all their long-tails. Rinse, repeat :)
dgodot

Postby advaita » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:10 am

Re,: Hubpages from my limited experience the only ones that get any clicks are hubs about things that women like to buy
advaita

Postby bgmacaw » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:21 am

Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby DavidO » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:30 am

For free I suggest makemoneyonlinewithseo.com. BenK is a bike shed member and straight up tells you how to make money with work.

For $1 I suggest the keyword academy. I'm sure someone will offer your their aff link. I seem to have lost mine. :lol:

Pick one or the other and start working and stop reading.
DavidO

Postby dreamscaper » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:39 am

A couple of things to add:

BMD - I recently started using it again after using it a lot in the past; i felt it had stopped being as effective for me but now it seems to be getting my new sites indexed within just few hours. For some reason, just having it run one site at a time(with Rss news feeds to hide it) seems to get my new site indexed. As well, you might want to try to only use it to bolster your 2nd tier sites and not your money/1st tier sites directly to avoid any fall out from getting too many social bookmark links on a new site too quickly. (maybe just my paranoia, but...)

HUBPAGE STATS - if you are using hubs, you can check the traffic ststa for any hub by clicking on the stats tab above the hub in EDIT mode, I believe, to get a rough idea of where your traffic is comming from for any particular hub. I was not aware that google analytics could tell you any recent keyword activity info for your hubs, if that is the case that is good, too.

FREE TRAFFIC SYSTEM (FTS)- this is an article distribution network like AMA or linkvania, etc., except for one important difference (and this is important for someone with limited funds!): IT IS FREE. so maybe take alook at it and consider using it to bolster your 2nd tier sites. (you can follow the FREE BACKLINKS ad in my signature to get theer quickly)

Oh and once this thread of yours hits over a dozen replies: stop reading it and go and start using all of these people's great suggestions instead!! :lol:
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby lissie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:57 am

Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby korprit » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:14 pm

quick note on BMD...i mentioned this in another thread, but it warrants repeating IMO...i use the top social sites in BMD for my $ site (top like 20), then i use the rest of the sites (look for my huge list) to link to supporting links (over 100 social sites). i get links indexed REALLY fast that way
korprit

Postby Abby » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:13 pm

Yowza! :-o

What an amazing amount of information. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Lissie, I used your aff link to sign up today! And I'm fighting the urge to read through your entire site before starting my own. :lol: (Note to self: stop reading. STOP READING!!)

OK, I'm off to get started. Well, first I'm gonna run to the store and get some cheetos (comfort food for my fear of pulling the trigger) THEN, I'm gonna get started!

Thanks again!
Abby

Return to Promotion and Marketing