[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Hubpages Slap?

Hubpages Slap?

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Hubpages Slap?

Postby dinheiro » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:45 am

In the last 2 days, i'm beginning to see many people saying that hubpages has been slapped by google.
I don't see nothing strange in my old or new hubs. Anyone seeing some kind of slap (less traffic) ?
|
dinheiro

Re: Hubpages Slap?

Postby xxecxx » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:00 am

they are discussing it over at BenK's forum
xxecxx

Postby advaita » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:58 am

I'm seeing less income - my handbag hubs used to get a couple of dollars a day but now they hardly see a click - I thought it was odd so maybe there is some truth in it
advaita

Postby dreamscaper » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:46 am

I have around 50 hubs spread across a couple hub pages accounts (each with my adsense id submitted on them) and they seem to have been earning me less this past week - to be more precise, the earnings have seemed to fluctuate more this week. Oh well, at least they are not the whole of my adsense income and they are still good for quick authority links to my other sites. ;-)
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby matt2257 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:29 pm

I just started doing hubs about 3 weeks ago, and my traffic seems to be growing.

Based on the kinds of results I read that BenK was getting when he started, they seem to be following that trend.

I am building backlinks to the pages...not sure if that helps...

could it be the google shuffle that Grizz was talking about having any effect? Other than the huge influx of hubpage challenges and saturation?
matt2257

Postby BenK » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:54 pm

There could be any number of reasons. I've heard the more content you have, the more searches you get, but ironically, your average searchers per article goes down. Hubpages could be seen this since they've probably doubled the amount of articles they had in the past 2-3 months. That could account for the lowered traffic.

It could be google removing the easy ranking and traffic. I'm not saying hubpages is not trusted by google, but that easy loving they had before might have been moved -- I've seen this. It could just be certain hubpages niches have gotten a bit of a slap -- I can't say for certain. I've heard people saying it's even hard to rank for low competition.

Backlinks are key though -- I've heard some people survived the squidoo slap with heavy backlinked lenses. I'm willing to bet with backlink campaigns, you can keep your hubs ranked high and making money regardless of some general authority slap google may give hubpages.

But, personally, If I'm going to really put in a lot of backlink effort, i'm not going to do it on 3rd party properties where I lose 40% of the revenue.

Recommended Backlink Networks/programs: [] [] [] []
BenK

Postby dinheiro » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm

I can talk about squidoo, and i can say it's true. With some backlinks, many lenses can achieve high rankings, and it's (still) easy to achieve page 1 with long tails.
For Hubpages, i'm still seeing the same, no more traffic, but no less traffic, it's interesting. My new hubs index very well in about 3-8h. They rank easy for long tails. I've more than one account of course.
|
dinheiro

Postby Tel » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:06 am

Ben's right on the money. Backlinks will keep your hubs ranked well but why waste all that linking effort for someone else's domain?

If you have hubs that are still ranking fairly well for KWs that bring you in some money, then send them some links for sure, but don't go overboard. Get your own domain in that niche, write some good content and put most of your effort into linking to that. Link the hub to it (and infobarrel/EZA) and gradually your domain will outrank the hub.

I've already seen this happen in several niches where my hubs were page 2 or low page 1 - I linked up to my own domains and watched them dominate the KW and I keep 100% of the income. Its not difficult, but just takes some work.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby dinheiro » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:21 am

|
dinheiro

Return to Promotion and Marketing