[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Is DirectoryBot Really Submitting Our Links?

Is DirectoryBot Really Submitting Our Links?

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Is DirectoryBot Really Submitting Our Links?

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:47 pm

I just submitted a site to some directories using DirectoryBot. All of them were "Non-Captcha" sites according to Dbot.

However, I randomly took a sample of 5 of the directories that it said "completed" -- which is supposed to mean it submitted my site and everything went through fine.

I visited all 5 of them to see what their submission process is actually like... And ALL 5 of them had captcha on the submission page even though they were supposed to be Non-Captcha according to DirectoryBot.

That leads me to wonder whether or not DirectoryBot is actually submitting my site to these directories or if it is just saying "completed" when it really isn't?

Hmmm...
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Re: Is DirectoryBot Really Submitting Our Links?

Postby korprit » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:16 pm

my dbot submissions are taking forever to get approved...even non captcha ones. Also, i've noticed that the directory list is not updated very frequently, so it might stand to reason that owners of directories in the list have updated their submissions pages to prevent automated submissions.

i can, however, say that social bot is not submitting correctly for me. if i run a submission, then check each account after, and i see maybe 2-5 actually showing up in the accounts.
korprit

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:34 pm

* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby Tel » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:47 am

Same here. I've done numerous submissions in blocks of 50 directories at a time and only a handful of them have actually listed my sites. I didn't expect Dbot to be perfect, but I did expect better than 50% success. I don't think it has managed even 10%.

RSSbot has been much better with most blogs getting listed where they were supposed to.

Articlebot has been wishy washy too, but this may be down to the article sites. I recently got a block of 10 "article accepted" emails from sites that I submitted to over 2 months ago! Maybe the directory sites are the same - when you don't pay them for premium listing or give them a reciprocal link, they tend to put your submission on the backburner for like forever even with manual submission.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby James » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:47 am

My experience with DirectoryBot is the same, it simply doesn't do the job it says it does. 10% of success is the right number I think. I once submitted to all NON Captcha directories and got about 80 emails that confirmed my submission. That number is simply to low.

And Incansoft RSS tool is not something I am pleased about, it doesn't do its job. I lost interest in using these tools. I know I shouldn't, since any links are better than none, but I simply forget to use them.
James

Postby aprilk » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:50 pm

This is the major reason I like using services such as UAW and AM for submitting articles. They have a special relationship with directories so much of the time the articles are automatically approved. I just wish they would be able to submit to web directories in the same way.
April
aprilk

Return to Promotion and Marketing