[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Finding Keywords Tutorial

Finding Keywords Tutorial

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Finding Keywords Tutorial

Postby J Carroll » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Would anyone like to talk about how they find new keywords for new niche blogs for Adsense (Software used, techniques, criteria needed...).

Software I use:
Google Adwords
Keyword Elite
Keyword Research Pro

Places for keyword ideas:
Amazon
Ebay

Criteria needed to be considered a good keyword to go after:
I don't know. I'm a noob! Please help :-D
J Carroll

Re: Finding Keywords Tutorial

Postby gmoney23 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:44 pm

One big lesson I've learned so far in this biz is that all the tools suck! If you want to know how a keyword or niche will perform then the only way to know for sure is to rank for it and see if there is traffic.

Too many times now I'll rank for a keyword that Google keyword tool says there is no traffic and I'll get 50-100 visitors a day for a single term. Also the adsense estimate tool is way off. One of my niches it said .05 cents a click and I get more like .30-.45 cents a click.

Unfortunately if you want to find out if some thing has traffic or pays well, rank for it and find out.
gmoney23

Postby J Carroll » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 pm

J Carroll

Postby Brawnydt » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Brawnydt

Postby J Carroll » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:33 pm

I know what Court does, I wanted to know what members here do to find keywords. Thanks for the advice though. :-D
J Carroll

Postby korprit » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:50 pm

pretty damn near the same thing that court does :P
korprit

Postby strathy » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:26 pm

I do what Court does, but I experiment with the settings. Sometimes it works out, sometimes not - the TKA method forumula is pretty accurate.
Let the dirt just shower over you!
strathy

Postby Tel » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 am

I've been using the Adwrods tool as a guide for ages now. But its only a guide and can be accurate or way off. So when I check a keyword I always look to see what related keywords are also there, how many, their traffic/CPC etc.

If there are lots of them that appear to get decent traffic and/or CPC I'll try it out to see. Usually, I'll get a KW with lots of traffic but crap CPC but some of the long tails will be low traffic/high CPC. I optimize for the long tails as well as the main KW and get the traffic plus the high CPC ads.

It doesn't always work, but when it does, its a nice feeling to see all the extra new clicks. Of course, if I did nothing, I'd never know...

That's the difference between "us" in here and "them" out there and why most of us in here are doing well - because we're doing it instead of just dreaming and writing about it!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby J Carroll » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:56 am

Great info! Thanks Terry and everyone else :-)
J Carroll

Return to Promotion and Marketing