[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Have keyword and want to find out which page it is on.

Have keyword and want to find out which page it is on.

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Have keyword and want to find out which page it is on.

Postby ram2009 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:46 pm

Hi

There must be a faster way to finding out where your page is on google for a particular keyword.

Suppose my word is cellphones and my site is bestcellphones.com how do I find out where my site is in terms of ranking in google without having to type in "cellphones" in google and then clicking though 50 odd pages to find my site listed,
hope this made sence

Thanks as always
ram2009

Re: Have keyword and want to find out which page it is on.

Postby James » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Download Rank Checker and you will solve all your problems. It's a plugin for Firefox and lets you track SERPs of any domain and keyword you want.
James

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:03 pm

You are looking for the SEObook rank checker add-on for Firefox. It does exactly what you said.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby ram2009 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks guys, you're freeking awesome....

one more thing.

i have a page that is indexed and ranked. In this Rank checker firefox addon it just shows the domain, when I try to add the full url of the page, it doesnt let me :(

any ideas to find out where your specfic page is ranked rather than the domain?
ram2009

Postby James » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 pm

I'm not sure Rank Checker can do that. It only serves you information from the Big G, meaning that it will show you the position of your domain for the keyword you typed in. It's possible you have another page for the same keyword just one spot bellow, but Rank Checker won't show you that.

Someone else might jump in to tell us how we see were the specific page is ranked for the set of keywords.
James

Postby gabbyjay268 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:27 am

Last time I used Rank Checker was a few months ago, but I am pretty sure it generates the exact URL that ranks in Google/Yahoo/Bing in its report. So if some post ranks for some phrase, the URL of that post will show up in the report.
gabbyjay268

Postby tporter » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:24 am

Traffic Travis (yeah, silly name) does this. You can load your domain up as a project and enter the keyword phrases you want to check for in Google, Yahoo and MSN. It will check up to the first 100 results (you choose how many you want it to check) and it will show you the page of your site that ranks the best for that keyword phrase. It will also allow you to save these results so you can you can see how you're doing over time. It does other things but that is basically what I use it for at the moment.

Troy
tporter

Return to Promotion and Marketing