[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Squidoo-be-doo-be-doo- be-doo-be-doo-be...

Squidoo-be-doo-be-doo- be-doo-be-doo-be...

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Postby Tel » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:01 pm

First of all, my own lens continues to do far too well. It dropped back slightly then climbed again today to 554 overall. That's mega!

Here's what I've been wanting to do. Still not perfect as I have to save as an image and upload it to the server, but easier to update!

Mmm. and it looks better too!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:17 pm

I added my 15th lens to the family last night just to try an experiment.

A while ago I was rather miffed about a certain lens making it to number one in the SEO and Marketing category, which consisted of only a great long link plexo and nothing else. This while my own Honest Way lens was crammed full of good content that took me ages to write and was just barely scraping into the top 100 of that same category.

So I thought, why not? So my newest lens is a great long links plexo with over 200 article directories listed. It also has some extra content to make it more worthwhile visiting as there is actually something to read. It started life at #230,000 something, and today after the changeover went to #16,386. Now it's out of the "Under Construction" phase, I will submit it to stumbleupon later tonight to see what that does to it's viewing figures and then tomorrow we'll see if it shoots up there!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:48 pm

Here's how they stand today:

My own self-branded lens has improved even more and is #35 in the People category!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:22 am

Here's how they stand today:

All have fallen quite a bit as I hadn't updated them in a few days. The only real climber has been the article directory list - would you believe it!

It looks like my little experiment might just pay off with that one!

Today I'm updating all the lenses and will create a new one for a new Web 2.0 blog that is about to be plastered all over cyberspace!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:39 pm

Looking good there Terry! :D

A new blog? Cool!
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:21 pm

Hi Tammy!

Yep, the new blog is a collaboration between Monika and myself - here's the link if you want to check it out:

http://www.bloggingweb20.com
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:31 pm

...and back on topic... I have had to ignore all my lenses for the past few days and they've all dropped like stones in Squidoo's ratings.

Here's this morning's charts, pop-pickers... :lol:

That includes the new lens, which despite being ignored with the rest of 'em for a few days isn't doing too bad!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:43 pm

Ahh..nice blog there Terry! :D

I liked the article:
Forum Etiquette
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks, I enjoyed writing it!

We both know how important it is to get that message across to as many would-be forum members as possible to help cut down on spamming tactics by people who simply don't know any better.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby magnetize » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:43 am

That's right,

And we encourage any of you to join us on our exciting ride toward blogging domination. :D

Monika

magnetize

Postby Tel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:46 pm

How remiss of me. I haven't posted a Squidoo update for ages. I actually did set up a chart for the 18th, but never got around to setting it as a gif. So I'll post both charts, showing off my latest two new lenses by the way... first for the 18th Oct:

This shows how I've sort of neglected most of the lenses and they've all nosedived...

Whereas in the last few days I've been working at them more - so for today:

Just shows what work can do.

On top of that, my Alternative Cures lens is right at the top of Yahoo for the keywords "Alternative Cures" with my website/blog of the same name in third place!

Just shows you what's possible... :D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:37 pm

That's great to hear Terry! Keep up the good work. :D
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:52 pm

Hi Tammy, that's weird, I was just over at your place!!! Either you're following me or I'm following you around (and Grizzly's following us both!!!) :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:54 pm

LOL! I do try my best to make routine stops all over WAH town!

I'm addicted. :lol:
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Grizzly » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:35 pm

Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:09 pm

I haven't posted in here about Squidoo for a while now - mainly be cause I'm more busy creating content for the lenses as well as creating new ones in different niches to act as a sort of source of links to some of my niche websites as well as to drive traffic to them.

The list has now grown far too big for me to be copying and pasting all that data into the stats file to publish here, so until the work drops off (like that'll be after hell freezes over) I'll just post the odd report of anything strange or interesting happening over at Squidoo.

So, the only thing I have to report here right now is to do with their ranking system and also the payment of royalties - yes they do pay them.

I've received one payment so far - a whopping $12 if I remember correctly and it was mainly due to keeping several lenses below the 10,000 overall rank mark.

I noticed this trend with the last round of payments as only a couple of my lenses have managed to stay low enough and they were the ones that attracted the larger payments. Anything over 10,000 seems to be awarded with a couple of cents only.

Second, as the number of lenses in existence has snowballed from the 200k or so when I first started creating them to over 450k now, its getting much harder to keep lenses in the low ranking numbers.

They have to be either updated daily or attract decent traffic to stay low, so if you're looking to use Squidoo as another stream of income, its gonna cost you more work than it did before!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Squidoo-be-doo-be-doo- be-doo-be-doo-be...

Postby jackmoney » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 pm

wow...you know, i think i've realized that with squidoo, when one lens does really well, it brings up the rest of the lenses as well.

here's my main guy

(link removed by mod)squidoo.com/payoutstructure
jackmoney

Previous

Return to Promotion and Marketing