[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Help With Promoting

Help With Promoting

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Help With Promoting

Postby ftello » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:24 pm

| |
ftello

Postby shezz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:43 am

Shezz
shezz

Postby shezz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:52 am

Shezz
shezz

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:32 am

| |
ftello

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:35 am

| |
ftello

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:36 am

| |
ftello

Postby shezz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:22 am

Shezz
shezz

Postby Tel » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:11 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby magnetize » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:22 pm

magnetize

Postby ftello » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:45 pm

| |
ftello

Article

Postby Oosha » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Hi Frank,

Will sign up and submit an article soon.

Usha

Oosha

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:50 am

Thanks Monika, and Usha. I'll be looking forward to seeing your articles.

Frank
| |
ftello

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:51 am

Terry and Shezz,

Thanks for the articles, they are great.

Frank
| |
ftello

Postby shezz » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:22 am

Just a question Frank - do you allow affiliate links in signatures of articles at your site?

I haven't submitted one with an affiliate link - but just wanted to know where you stand with that.

Thanks
Shezz
shezz

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:34 am

Sheryl,

You can use an affiliate link if you like, as a rule I do not allow affiliate links for obvious reasons. But if I feel trust in a person asking I have no problem.

Frank

P.S. What link program so you use for your site for link exchange. I don't know if I should build my own or use a program......Thanks
| |
ftello

Postby Tel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:20 am

Frank, I don't use any programs for link exchanges - so far the simple give and receive type is working for me. It doesn't take much time to add a link into my links pages on the site.

I keep two link pages - a main page for links with sites I know, or with people who have asked to do an exchange and a sub page for links to directories which I am populating slowly over time so that the search engines will see that side of things growing naturally, which is what they like to see.

As for your point about adding affiliate links in articles, I don't do that as a rule mainly because sites frown upon it (or may outright ban you). Personally, I think that is a bit extreme. As long as people are reasonable and don't spam their articles full of links, but add maybe just one or two affiliate links to their articles I think it could be a good thing.

The only downside I can see to doing that is if someone is reading your article and they click a link halfway through, they will go to the product owner's website and chances are won't come back to your article to finish it - and you've lost a potential visitor to your own site.

Horses for courses, I guess!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby shezz » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:13 pm

Thanks Frank

Could it be set up so the link opens in a new box, then the person reading is still at your site.

I don't want to put links through my articles, I was just thinking if I ever wanted one in my signature. Usually with ezine article directory I have a link that goes back to my site to a page that talks about the program in question and then has a link to the program from my site page.

I dont use a link exchange program either, I add manually. Like Terry said it doesn't take long. Go through forums and offer exchanges, you'll usually get a few doing that.

That's a good idea Terry about the reciprocal link page for directories - I hadn't thought of that, I just never did the reciprocal directories - good idea.
Shezz
shezz

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:32 pm

Terry

Thanks for the information on both topics. Can you give me an example of how the links page would look like? And also the other page you use for posting links for directories? Thanks.

As for the links on the articles, I totally agree. The only links I allow are in the resource box. I'll keep a closer eye on the articles that come in. I have not seen any links come across yet, but I'm sure I will.

Frank
| |
ftello

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:37 pm

Sheryl,

Thanks for the info on link exchanging. I have not used linking on my sites. I think I will though.

I should have made myself clearer on links in articles. I have no problem with links in resource box. Like sig links. I understood you were not implying links in the articles themselves.

Thanks

Frank

Don't forget to take the poll in the general section
| |
ftello

Postby tradermic » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:24 am

I just submitted an article!

Have a Great Day.
Increase YOUR Business Over 30%
http://www.RoyalPalm.WS

Your Own Business
http://www.MichelleWatts.WS