[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - How to increase your Adsense CTR, post by Grizz

How to increase your Adsense CTR, post by Grizz

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

How to increase your Adsense CTR, post by Grizz

Postby Coaster » Thu May 01, 2008 1:58 am

Coaster

Re: How to increase your Adsense CTR, post by Grizz

Postby TxDon » Thu May 01, 2008 2:25 am

No, it doesn't work that way...sorry.

Griz has it nailed down. Target 1 keyword per post and make it a long post.

If you were to try and target 50 keywords per post, your post would have minimal relevancy and wouldn't rank for any of them well.

For example. Let's say we both have a post on an authority blog. Both post are the same, let's say 1000 words. I target "space games" and I narrow this down to a specific space game (let's say Atari Space Command). Now you target all types of games with your post.

When someone searches for Atari Space Command, who's post do you think will show up? Yours with a bunch of different keywords for games of all types? Or mine that is specific to Atari Space Command?

The way Google see's it, my long post about Atari Space Command is more relevant than your post with all those keywords. Google figures if someone is searching for Atari Space Command, they don't want to know about a bunch of other games so my post will rank higher.

Now if that post has a bunch of backlinks with anchor text of "Atari Space Command", Google is sure this post is relevant and will reward me accordingly.

I hope this helps you out. :?:

Don
TxDon

Postby Coaster » Thu May 01, 2008 3:31 am

Coaster

Postby dgodot » Thu May 01, 2008 6:12 am

I'd be surprised if he didn't actually have TWO page-one listings for most of those terms: one showing the single page most relevant to the search term, and another showing an almost-as-relevant page (maybe the home page) that the most-relevant page links out to.
dgodot

Re: How to increase your Adsense CTR, post by Grizz

Postby dreamscaper » Thu May 01, 2008 6:47 am

I remember a video post on Vic's Blogger Unleashed site that mentioned a 'grey hat' technique for adsense; it was basically using something like harder to read text with easier to read adsense ads. Basically, you would use grey text on black background, and for your adsense you wouild use neon like colors that would stand out on the page (but very important that you diont make the blog text unreadable so that you dont get banned for your tricks). Remember: blogger actually gives you an option of choosing a template that puts grey on black so they cant be too opposed to you using that combination.

Another thing to do is place your adsense so that it looks like it is actually a button to click on on your page - a link to other pages on your blog or another site but not just an ad. You have to be careful with this, because it can look too obvious and Google might not take kindly to that (people clicking on ads without realizing they are ads).

:twisted:
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby DeMerchant » Thu May 01, 2008 10:33 am

Then there is a major technique of just asking visitors to click you ads
DeMerchant

Postby Coaster » Thu May 01, 2008 12:13 pm

The way Griz said he was only saying white hat and and to go elsewhere for other ways.

The most important part of my question is the second part though (50 keywords) I hope griz talks about that more.
Coaster

Postby Tel » Thu May 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Coaster » Thu May 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Bang... now I understand the linking every post to the home page, I just could get why you would do that before. It all makes sense.

As a sideline, should I be going back to my older posts and putting the homepage link in or just from now?
- Coaster
Coaster

Postby TxDon » Fri May 02, 2008 12:51 am

TxDon

Return to Promotion and Marketing