[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Recent Google Frustration

Recent Google Frustration

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Recent Google Frustration

Postby DeMerchant » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:06 pm

Figured I'd split this into it's own thread so we didn't have to piggyback others...

For anyone reading about this for the first time check out Griz's post: http://makemoneyforbeginners.blogspot.c ... serps.html

After a week on the downslide, and probably hitting lows for the past few months, my stats showed some recovery and look like they will continue to come back up today. My target keyword hasn't come back in my data center, but since I saw so many (not a ton, but more than I was getting) I checked with http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/ and I took back 4th spot in the US data center this guys site checks against so hopefully I'll be back up everywhere tomorrow.

Anyone else seeing anything to indicate the worst might be over?

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Re: Recent Google Frustration

Postby James » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:54 am

Some of my blogs that are affected are still nowhere to be seen in G rankings. They are indexed but I don't receive any visitors from G, only Yahoo and MSN. I can only wait and see what will happen.
James

Postby DeMerchant » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Yeah I apparently spoke too soon... as quick as my rankings bounced back they took an even bigger hit... as far as I can tell I got wiped out of the serps... site not de-indexed tho

DeMerchant

Postby jslone377 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Only my most recent 3 or 4 blogs have been affected. I have 1 that gets indexed and de-indexed about 3 times a day for the last week.
Jason Slone
jslone377

Postby cormierjf » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:30 pm

A BANS site I own is showing up first for one of the keywords I want to target. I say want to target because I have not done any link building yet.

The second position has full of backlinks and looks well established, I find it really bizarre that i'm first. Not that i'm complaining, it's probably going to change tomorrow.
cormierjf

Postby dinheiro » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:21 pm

|
dinheiro

Postby jaggerstone » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:39 pm

Strange days with Google of late..for sure. I have one blogger blog that shows in the number 4 position on the 1st page for my keyword in the later hours starting around 10PM CST and returns to page three of Google around 6 AM. This has happend 3 days straight so I still don't think Google is done with whatever they are doing as of yet. SERP's still appear to be volitile.
jaggerstone

Postby dinheiro » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:58 pm

|
dinheiro

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby DeMerchant » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Any chance my site went back into the sandbox for a second time? It's a fairly new site (Late Jan) and that is really what the traffic looks like to me, at least in my case. I'm still getting some traffic from some long tail keywords and one short keyword that is very uncompetitive for a new product (so there's not a lot of information out there about it), but my short tail targeted keywords have been wiped off the face of the earth.

DeMerchant

Postby James » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:59 pm

I wonder the same thing DeMerchant. I have 4 months old blog who went out of the sandbox, but seems it has gone there again. Absolutely no ranking for short keywords.
James

Postby DeMerchant » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Perhaps a more stringent sandbox would explain Griz's sites doing better as they are more established, with the tighter sandbox it wiped out some of his competition.

DeMerchant

Postby James » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:26 pm

That's very possible, it's always the new sites that get hit and the ones with crappy links.
James

Postby dinheiro » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:48 pm

|
dinheiro

Return to Promotion and Marketing