[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - On a brighter SE note

On a brighter SE note

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

On a brighter SE note

Postby DeMerchant » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:56 pm

I'm starting to see my .info BANS sites get a little traffic...

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Re: On a brighter SE note

Postby dinheiro » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:13 pm

|
dinheiro

Postby DeMerchant » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:30 pm

I came in after google really penalized the .info sites (I had bought them but didn't have stores up) so no of them were indexed to be de-indexed when that crap went down. I just looked through all the sites I had put up and around 50% of them are now indexed.

... then I noticed something troubling...

the 50% that were indexed I used the standard BANS "layout 1 left"... the 50% that were not indexed I used Vic's "Brown BANS" template. I just switched them all to "layout 1 left" so I'll let you know in a bit if I start seeing those ones now get indexed. I used Vic's theme on my pre-owned and they are all still indexed, but not thriving except 1. I'm gonna leave the one that is doing good, no sense in messing with a good thing on a theory, but the ones that are not doing well are going to "layout 1 left" as well, and if they pick up I'm gonna stick with it from now on.

Anyway I can't really confirm anything, but I like to play safe...

DeMerchant

Postby aprilk » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:02 pm

April
aprilk

Postby DeMerchant » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Yeah they might take a while to get indexed... but in my expirance so far... they will get indexed eventually

DeMerchant

Postby pizerule » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:12 am

I've also noticed that my .info sites have been getting indexed over the last couple of weeks. I bought around 20 of them 3 months back and stuck BANS stores on them and then left them to mature (ripen). I actively worked on one BANS store writing articles, gathering links submitting to Social Media sites and presto, it was indexed...for a week. I moved onto a second site and did the same thing links, articles, the works. Bingo, another indexed site only to be de-indexed soon after.

I moved onto other projects hoping that I was simply experiencing a temporary .info sandbox phenomenon. A few weeks ago my Statcounter stats flickered into life for the .info sites as the Googlebot visited each of my stores...except the two that had been indexed and then de-indexed. It seems that they have come under unwanted notice and are serving a longer penance.

So it's possible that all of these .info affiliate sites are being shunted into the sandbox and as long as they are allowed to mature naturally, they're allowed out after (around) 3 months.

Seems to be my experience so far, anyway.

Damien
|
pizerule

Return to Promotion and Marketing