[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - A taste of the good life...

A taste of the good life...

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

A taste of the good life...

Postby DavidO » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:57 am

I got my first top 10 in Google on Thursday. It was my first site I built too. I've been immensely proud but now I'm down to #91. The site is 2.5 months old and targeting a long tail keyword with Court's sniper technique.

Spots 1-4 are the manufacturer's website but spot 5 seems to be the spot under constant turmoil. The site that had it before me is now around 17 and a new site rotated in from around 32. It's as if Google is rotating in sites for a few days / weeks to see how they sit there. This new site is not monetized at all, very complete too, with short to the point content. It's a guy from digital point as he is using his sig as a backlink. Mine had a smattering of Ebay's EPN links but nothing else among long rambling posts, tons of content, nothing particularly good though. Not many backlinks with SEO Elite, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have them.

Well, I just had to vent.
DavidO

Re: A taste of the good life...

Postby James » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 pm

Hehe, yeah, there is something special about your site hitting the first page. It's like emerging from water to have a breath of fresh air. It feels damn good to see the dudes from big G typing in your keywords and clicking on your website.
James

Postby DeMerchant » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:47 pm

A quick breath of air before generally google says "go back to the depths for another month"

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby dinheiro » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:24 pm

|
dinheiro

Postby DavidO » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:10 am

Now I'm back to #8.

I think the main thing that influenced this was I've have a post on the front page of my site for more than a month now. I have written other posts but they go straight into my archive since the front page post is my 'money post.' I think Google was bored of my front page soo I simply wrote another similar 'money post,' placed that on the front page and unpublished the first money post. Now every couple of weeks I'll just rotate the two. :twisted:

This stuff is addicting.
Dave
DavidO

Return to Promotion and Marketing