[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Best Ad Placement for Adsense

Best Ad Placement for Adsense

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Best Ad Placement for Adsense

Postby thechettybear » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:05 pm

Is there any general ad placement that you all find to be the best for adsense?

I decided to try out using the large triangle at the top like Griz does but I also put a leaderboard above that and then more adsense ads in the right column.

I would think this would work out pretty well. But I'm not making 5% CTR and I thought that was about average.

What do most people here average for CTR according to Adsense page impressions?

How has your experience been with the Text Links?
Last edited by thechettybear on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thechettybear

Re: Best Ad Placement for Adsense

Postby bgmacaw » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Anything over 3% is good for Adsense.

I discuss my preferred Adsense placement in these articles:

Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby James » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:29 pm

A 336x280 above the post title is what works best for me. I get above 10% with Court's Dateless Sniper Theme. And blogger blogs get about 5% CTR.
James

Postby thechettybear » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:29 pm

Thats the large rectangle right?
thechettybear

Postby James » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Yup, exactly.
James

Postby dgodot » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 am

Yeah I do the same as James. One big block above the post title nets me around 8-10% CTR depending on the niche. I usually don't bother with adding any additional ads, but I've been meaning to experiment a little. I think too many ads make people realize they're looking at an MFA and leave without clicking anything.
dgodot

Postby thechettybear » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:13 am

On one blog I have had decent success with putting the 728x15 text link ads just below my blogs subtitle.

I currently have the text links just below the subtitle and the large rectangle just above the post title.
thechettybear

Postby M J » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:16 am

Large Rect. Above post title

^ ~10% CTR
Current teaching with my Griz-inspired wordpress theme
M J

Postby dgodot » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:54 am

Oo, trackstar's post reminded me, I have one site where the one big block of ads was doing only like 2-3% CTR. I find this is the case for sites that people find when they're looking for practical examples of things.

In this case, it can be beneficial to insert a set of the horizontal skinny adsense ads after each of the first few paragraphs, colored to match the text & links so it makes 'em feel like its a resource rather than an ad.
dgodot

Postby thechettybear » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:52 pm

dogodot,

can you send me a PM of a website you have with an example of what you mean?
thechettybear

Postby thechettybear » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Anybody know what the rules are for putting Adsense within the post of your Blogger blog?

I have read that it is discourage but Google but not sure if that means they just don't like it or they will take you down for it...
thechettybear

Return to Promotion and Marketing