Will the PSAs ever go away?

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Will the PSAs ever go away?

Postby dgodot » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:09 pm

So I've had a sandboxed niche blog that I've been just following the incoming Yahoo & MSN traffic with, optimizing & reoptimizing depending on whatever keywords I was getting hit for. I knew the keywords I was targeting were just this side of family-friendly, and eventually at some point I crossed Google's line: bam, PSA ads all day long.

It's been about a week now since I rewrote the problem content and removed the ads (I check periodically in the Adsense Sandbox - http://www.labnol.org/google-adsense-sandbox/), and still nothing, so I'm wondering if anyone here has ever experienced the PSAs actually going away once they come around for this reason, or whether I'll have to just throw up some AdultFriendFinder or something :oops:
dgodot

Re: Will the PSAs ever go away?

Postby dgodot » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:06 pm

Well, I did it, I added the AdultFriendFinder ads. And Kontera.

On the bright side, I'm getting hits for all sorts of long-tails containing the word "erotic"... and I don't think I have a single link with that text. For like a week I had two or three <h2> tags with it though.

I'll keep checking the adsense sandbox periodically to see if you can ever go back to using adsense on a site that has at some point been erotically charged.
dgodot

Return to Promotion and Marketing