[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - The Sandbox

The Sandbox

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

The Sandbox

Postby DeMerchant » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:46 pm

This is for anyone who wants to see what being in the sandbox looks like...

screwyougoogle.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/sandbox.jpg

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Re: The Sandbox

Postby DeMerchant » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:55 pm

PS - Sorry Terry for just posting the link... but your forum won't let me post anything bigger than 120x120px

DeMerchant

Postby aaronk » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:01 am

Ouch...we can all relate....didn't notice til for a few seconds that it went to "0" at the end of that chart. :-o
aaronk

Postby ejcross » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:53 am

Yep, I'd say that's a great representation of what it looks like!

Now, the thing that Court really preaches is that now is the time to really build links and content. If you were getting those types of numbers before the sandbox, especially if all of it is organic search traffic, then you will be pleasantly surprised when it comes out of the sandbox.

One of my niche sites was getting around 50 per day, went into the sandbox, came out with at least 100 per day now.

Nice site by the way, need to read up on it!
|
ejcross

Postby dgodot » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:39 am

Youch!

That's gonna be a good one when it comes out of the box. Have fun checking your stats every hour until then :P
dgodot

Postby DeMerchant » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:10 am

Checking stats... a MMOers favorite way to waste time

DeMerchant

Postby James » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:13 am

150 uniques BEFORE the sandbox? :-o

I get 15 top. Seems I gotta buy one ebook on how to find good niches :-?
James

Postby Tel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 am

I can empathise with that. The sandbox has screwed me royally with a lot of sites over time too.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tolo87 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:40 am

And Tel, did You manage to recover from sandbox?
tolo87

Postby Tel » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:54 am

Yes, although in many cases I was so long in there I lost interest in the sites and left them to rot as its demoralising to see your hard work get stamped on from above.

That was before I knew more about it. Now I have an uphill battle to re-work a lot of those old sites. Many spent over a year in the box practically from new (before I knew about buying expired domains) which I guess is why they got sandboxed in the first place. Plus I targeted some highly competitive niches, again down to inexperience! So now I have to get content and links to them to build on their initial albeit short success.

Another problem I am seeing with sites emerging from the sandbox is that not all their old links are counted straight away. And with blogs, only some of the posts reappear in the index to begin with. Although their traffic is increasing as they begin ranking once more for different keywords. I haven't seen overnight boosts in traffic but a lot of that is because the sites were neglected for so long so aren't ranking as highly as they would have been had I continued to work them while they were sandboxed.

Knowledge is everything and when you don't have it in the early stages you make mistakes. And I made my fair share of them - and some!

Now I know tons better!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tolo87 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:05 am

Thank You Terry,

I have my own blog that is weight loss niche, bought 4 years old domain, after 3 months of work traffic started to rise from google about 5OO uniques a day because I was doing article submission and then bang, it went down to zero...and It is month since then. It s...s and is very demoralizing as you see your traffic plunge down like never before.
tolo87

Postby Simo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:41 pm

Wow! What happened? Have you checked which of the keywords lost their rankings?

I've got this issue with a two years old static site which was ranking on the first page for several keywords since more than one year ago. Last month it went from page 1 to page 10 over night, or even lost rankings completely for some keywords, and I have no clue what may have happened. I started to gather links again, I added more pages, but still there's no sign of recovery. Could this be a "delayed sandbox" or what?
| | | | Buy this year and help saving our planet. Hurry up! Earth needs your help this Christmas.
Simo

Postby DavidO » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:34 am

I was doing quite well with my main site ranking #5 for my main keyword. Then overnight around the 4th of July it tanked all the wasy to 90. Now it's off the map. I'm only getting some trickle traffic from a couple of blogroll links. Very very demoralizing and frustrating.

Dave
DavidO

Return to Promotion and Marketing