[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Some help with hubpages and squidoo

Some help with hubpages and squidoo

Here is the place to discuss the best and worst methods of promoting your online business. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Some help with hubpages and squidoo

Postby mcmattp » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:01 pm

So I have been pointed to these sites by my friend David O. who really doesn't have much experience with using these pages to get high PR links to your site (this is the right terminology correct?). I have been writing articles on my hubpages and I have received a rating of 80 as an author and the label of "prodigy" because I got that rating fairly fast... I am sure that is an easy thing to acquire. I have no fans, and I have also been using some of the same articles on hubpages that I have used for my automated article marketing, which I have read somewhere on these boards is a bad thing to do. I am sure this information has been beaten senseless into the ground, but any links and information about how I can get this stuff to work for me would be great.

I have made a squidoo but I haven't posted many lenses I am trying to get hubpages to work for me first. I have embedded a link for my targeted keyword in my profile and am also curious if this is how I can get that high PR backlink. Thanks in advance! Sorry for my noobness.

Matt
mcmattp

Re: Some hep with hubpages and squidoo

Postby nicola » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Probably the best way to get friends on hubpages is to set others as your friend - people tend to reciprocate. Let me know your hubpages profile and I'll become your first friend!

As to the rest of your questions, there are people by far more knowledagble (how the hell is that spelt??) than me so I'll let them answer you.
nicola

Re: Some help with hubpages and squidoo

Postby mcmattp » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:57 pm

My name is "socalweddingdj" thanks to anyone who would like to add me!
mcmattp

Postby Tel » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:59 pm

With hub pages definitely don't use duplicate content. They are pretty hot on that and it could affect your hub score. You need an author score of 75+ to have links in your hub pages do-followed and to maintain that is pretty easy by creating several hubs and commenting in others and making friends and generally keeping your hubs up to date.

Squidoo lenses are ok for links too, but they have been hammered by spammers and Google doesn't seem to place as much weight to links coming from there as it once did. That said, a link is a link no matter where it comes from and as long as you anchor it with your keyword, you will do better than sites which don't do that.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby nicola » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:30 pm

Hey Matt, I've become your fan - I'm nicolap
nicola

Postby joatsaint » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 am

Matt, I've joined your fan club as well and posted comments on all your hubs. Handle - increasurgasmilage
Randy
joatsaint

Postby mcmattp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:12 am

Thanks guys. I saw the additions and I left some comments back on your page -- thanks. So the idea is to just sort of use hubpages and then link out to your site with your embedded keyword right? Any other advice on using hubpages to help with my keyword ranking? My "keyword" is in the profile of my hubpages site and it's linked back to my websites homepage.

Other than that I've just been doing the article thing.

Matt
mcmattp

Postby Tel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am

Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby pizerule » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:12 am

I could always use a friend or two too. My name on Hubpages is the same as it is virtually everywhere - pizerule.

BTW, thanks for the "nib" comment Terry. :-)

Damien
|
pizerule

Postby Tel » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:24 am

:lol: nib problem :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:31 am

Gosh how did I miss a hubpage question! Fortunately here is one I prepared earlier LOL
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby advaita » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:58 am

Thanks for the excellent link lissie. It looks like I need to start making some hubpages. I hope it's easier than Squidoo, which I find incredibly slow and clunky. Are hubpages good for making money by themselves or do people mainly use them for creating backlinks?
advaita

Postby lissie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:43 am

Hubpages interface is much easier to use than squidoo IMHO - lots fewer options and easier to layout I find! You won't make serious money at hubpages though quite a few people make $100's month (not me unfortunately) It also probably gets me smart priced on Adsense - but as Hubpages is still the majority of advertising income I leave it on for the moment - I will take it off when the other sites strat taking off
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Return to Promotion and Marketing