[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - No Free Backlinks for Spammers!

No Free Backlinks for Spammers!

If you have come across any scams or dishonest packages, products or strategies, discuss them here and expose them.
Feel free to name and shame the perpetrators! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

No Free Backlinks for Spammers!

Postby Tel » Wed May 23, 2007 4:05 pm

I've been perusing the members list and noting everyone who joined but never posted a single item in this forum. A lot of them give their location as "usa" in small letters and have chosen Albanian as their forum language.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to guess that these people are not here to be a part of this happy community, but to sneak in with backlinks to their websites - some of them never even bothered to activate their accounts but still have the benefit of those free backlinks.

Not any more!

I just deleted all of their website links - if they want them back they can post in the forum and I'll be happy to return them. Somehow I don't think I'll be holding my breath...

I'm keeping an eye on all new members as well - anything I don't like the look of won't get a url link until they prove they want to a part of this forum, not just leech off my generosity and good nature!

Naturally, any spammers will immediately get the chop and I'll publish their IP addresses so other forum owners can see who they are and ban them too.

Ain't life grand! 8)
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Scams, Spams and Rip Offs