[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Where have all the Spammers gone?

Where have all the Spammers gone?

If you have come across any scams or dishonest packages, products or strategies, discuss them here and expose them.
Feel free to name and shame the perpetrators! NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Postby tam2005 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:59 pm

Wow...40! :cry:

If people would just learn how to network properly on message forums!

Geez. :roll:

Congrats on the PR Terry. :)
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:42 am

I just had to delete two posts from another ignorant person who just came straight in and posted an ad in both the general discussion and the ads spot.

Had this person who called themself type1247 bothered to introduce themselves first, I might have let them keep their ad in the Advertise Here forum, but if they're not going to play by the rules, then to hell with 'em :twisted:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:36 pm

Terry, I've seen this same user post on many, many other forums. :roll:
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:17 pm

Well they won't be posting any more on this one! :twisted:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:12 pm

Quick update - no new spammers have gotten through to post in the forum for quite some time now.

However, the number of the buggers signing up is still too high - I can't stop them signing up as they don't need to verify their accounts to have data in their profiles, which includes urls to their dodgy websites.

If anyone knows of a mod to prevent anyone entering anything but basic personal details in their profile at sign-up time I'd appreciate the heads up.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:55 pm

Terry I don't know of any at the moment. I'll keep a look out. :)
You've passed me up on your member count.

How's things going with you?
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:20 am

Hi Tammy,

This forum looks very quiet these days. Its hard to stay enthusiastic about it when all I ever seem to do in here is clean out new spammers accounts - bit disheartening.

I don't know where everyone went, but I have to say, if things don't perk up soon, I might have to take it off the air for a while, if for no better reason than to stick a finger up at all the damn spammers!

In fact I might just do that for a couple weeks to see if it makes any difference...
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Tel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:34 pm

Well, I didn't have to take this forum off the air to stop the spammers from signing up and putting their bad neighbourhood urls in their profiles - which cost this forum its page rank with Google.

I just disables the new registrations tab so NO ONE can sign up! Not good for anyone who genuinely wants to sign up, but if there is anyone who wants to, they can contact me by email - check the contacts tab at the main site

(I'm not publishing an email address in here as the swines will scrape it and spam my inbox!)

Otherwise, its less work for me, saving me up to 20 minutes work a day just cleaning all those crappy bogus new members out. Much better. :D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby tam2005 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:34 am

Sorry about your PR Terry. I really don't know what to tell you. You've worked way too hard on this forum to have to go through all of this crap!

:(
Tammy

tam2005

Postby Tel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Thanks Tammy. It's been a tough call but the only solution for now.

I'll put registrations back again soon, as by then hopefully most of the spammers will have given up and the flood will have dried up to a mere trickle.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Scams, Spams and Rip Offs