[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Anyone Familiar With Configuring Firefox To Run Faster?

Anyone Familiar With Configuring Firefox To Run Faster?

Discuss webmaster issues, website development and resources. Ask questions about website building, coding, SEP/SEO etc here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Re: Anyone Familiar With Configuring Firefox To Run Faster?

Postby korprit » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:31 pm

ubuntu is easily my favorite and a definite OS forerunner. it is comparable to MAC OSX in my opinion. VERY stable. once you figure out the package management, the OS is a breeze. (apt-get for those wondering)

ubuntu launched me into a full time user, and i work at a solaris based company, and everyone uses ubuntu for their dev and personal systems (they interface with solaris servers but their desktops are all ubuntu). honestly, ubuntu is what i believe will be THE linux OS goin into the future. it's easy for newbies, and complex for the OpenSource crowd. pure money in my eyes :)

i run VM workstation (free) on my linux box and use a couple smaller (<10Gb) VMs for windows work. i do the same thing at work for Outlook, and other MS only apps. the new VM workstation is really resource UNintensive.

i love the setup: linux laptop and a couple desktops with ubuntu and a few VMs. i remote desktop into any VM i want (that is running) or ssh in and start a VM and then RDP to it. Different VMs for different projects (SEO, security, etc.)

just as a point of measure. i killed every open source OS i tried to become proficient with in the past (freebsd, openbsd, red hat - RPMs are shite, and more)....but in the two years since i converted to Ubuntu full time...i have NEVER had a system crash on me. not once. it's too damn easy to use. even if you go deep into confs and source modification....apt-get remove and start over. done. lol

if there's enough interest, i'll start another thread for linux users :)
korprit

Re: Anyone Familiar With Configuring Firefox To Run Faster?

Postby janetra » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:21 pm

janetra

Previous

Return to Web Development Resources