[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Grizz Lost His Serps

Grizz Lost His Serps

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Griz Lost His Rankings

Postby advaita » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:10 am

Maybe this deserves a new thread but has Griz been whacked by Uncle G ? - he is gone from the first page
advaita

Re: Folks, is the noose tightening around our collective necks?

Postby bgmacaw » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:43 am

Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Tel » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:43 pm

It probably hasn't helped that in his last couple of posts he's telling everyone that he wants to link to more people's sites to help boost their rankings. "Give me something to link to..." I'm sure Google were not best pleased to hear that...
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby James » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:58 pm

Yup, I agree with Tel and Frank.

To tell you the truth, I am surprised it happened now and not earlier. I don't know have you guys noticed, but he became very open about the techniques he is using and how all his readers should start using them. That's like being a general to an army of people who want to game Google - he gave them the weapons and know-how.

But one thing I am happy to see: you really have to be obvious about what you do and how you do it before G guys penalize you.
James

Grizz Lost His Serps

Postby tolo87 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:26 am

Hi folks, it seems to me that Grizz and his blogspot lost position for make money online. Just an interesting observation.
tolo87

Re: Griz Lost His Rankings

Postby Tel » Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:26 pm

I split the thread so this discussion can go its own way - oh and spliced on tolo87's observation too...
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Grizz Lost His Serps

Postby gabbyjay268 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:45 pm

I don't think he has been manually booted. It looks like a shuffle of sorts to me.

He still has the authority links for "make money online for beginners" and still has some authority links for "make money online" - at least where I am at.
gabbyjay268

Postby dinheiro » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:41 pm

In the datacenter of my country, is gonne too. I don't understand why google kicks grizz, but let jonhchow stay in the serps (when is blog is a piece of #$%& !!)
|
dinheiro

Postby Tel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Its because John Chow kissed the G-man's arse then went and wrote about it in his crap blog. Probably sucked... ok getting too graphic here... but he probably did all the same :lol:
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby dinheiro » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:41 pm

|
dinheiro

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:45 pm

Yes, imagine my surprise late last night when I arrived home from a long vacation and found that Griz had dropped significantly in rankings! Hopefully it's just a shuffle.
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby DeMerchant » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Yeah there was a shuffle for sure. I hit #1 for a few terms I had been working... stuck for a couple... fell back for a few

I would imagine Grizz has been letting off the gas on his link building... he said a long time ago that he needs to keep adding links to maintain #1 so perhaps during this time that he has been around less he has lessened the linking

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby lissie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:20 am

He's back on top of shoemoney LOL He's #3 in Australia - #5 in scroogle. I am wondering if he has just proven that frequent posting will much up your SERPS?

BTW he's advertising textlinks.com - does it work? Any good?
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:37 pm

* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby korprit » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:20 pm

has he written anything about it? typically if he truly endorses the product he will write about it and either say so, or at least hint (like "check my side panel in this area to see what i endorse")...i seem to recall him saying that textlinks was a spam place that got you delisted but i may be wrong
korprit

Postby Scooter » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:48 am

Just my hypothosis:

Some time ago I humbly took the advise noted in Griz's "Make Money Online For Beginners" blog description -- "make a pot of coffee and invest some constructive time in reading his FREE information, knowledge, skill, and experiences..."
My observation is that Griz attained his infinite wisdom by experiementing. Generally after conducting his many experiments he shares that information with the world. (perhaps not all his secrets, of course) Essentially, he teaches what works, and what does not work. I cannot say that everyone discerns this from what he writes -- perhaps through my years of legal research, etc., I have attained an eye ['gift'] for seeing what lies invisibly between the lines...? Nevertheless, whatever happened I am certain was no accident -- maybe incidental to yet another one of his experiments?
I do know that he knows how to get his sites where they have been for a pretty long time, and that if lost it is not hard to undue it -- with the exception of sandbagging by Uncle G.
I would be willing to bet that some where there is soon to be a long-winded, keyword stuffed posting that provides the results of whatever experiment this [p]robably was...

...just my hypothosis on it all ;-)

~Scooter

------------------------------------------

I just returned from checking hsi SERPS and he's in second... What is noteworthy though: I recall the site having a PR1, but today it is PR 2.
Have I failed to recognize this earlier, or has the site actually received better PR some time recently?
Scooter

Postby RT Cunningham » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:32 am

Most of my sites, along with a lot of other people, have lost PageRank without losing their positions in the SERPS. From what I have gathered by reading about what Google is doing, it's not a penalty. They are shifting the way backlinks are counted, giving a lot of weight to authority sites. Finding authority sites isn't hard. Just search for the site name and if site links are shown in the results, Google considers it an authority site. I'm sure domain age has a lot to do with it because most authority sites seem to be over two years old.

I thought I was penalized on my main blog, but I have more page 1 terms in the SERPS than I ever had before my PR dropped on the individual post pages. I guess this is about the time when saying "pagerank doesn't matter" really means something.
RT Cunningham

Postby djnuttall » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:24 am

Some of my blogs that lost serp rankings were the ones I took Adsense off of.

I am wondering if Grizz's loss in rankings has to do with him switching out his ads?
djnuttall

Postby RT Cunningham » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:16 pm

I don't think changing ads is responsible. On the other hand, whenever you add or remove anything from an indexed page, it gets re-indexed and re-parsed. It's quite possible that the 150 character snippets of code and text changed enough to make a difference.
RT Cunningham

Postby advaita » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:05 pm

I see both Griz and Mooladays have been dumped back on to page 2 for - make money online -
advaita

Next

Return to General Business