[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Unbelievable!

Unbelievable!

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Unbelievable!

Postby Tel » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:06 am

I get plenty of emails from site owners I've never heard of asking for link exchanges. Most of them at least offer a decent return link, by way of a trade. I ignore them as its not how I like to do business, but when I get a link request in my inbox like this, it defies logic. This is just unbelievable dumbass noobishness:

Dear Webmaster,

I have visited your site http://www.thehonestway.com and found it quite impressive.

I am in the process of building up a business wrapped about my website and I am looking for some inbound linking to grow my page-rank. If you could link to my site I would be much appreciative. You probably receive quick a few link requests a month so I would really appreciate it if you could help me out by adding my site with this information.

Link Details:

Title: SEO Services
URL: w w w.atlantaseoworks.com

Kind Regards,

John B.

WTF?? This prat calls himself an SEO. Who is he trying to fool? There's no mention of anything in return, just give me a link please. It'll be most appreciated, like gee, I can really feel good about all that lavish appreciation.

For heaven's sake, what planet is this dumbass dickhead noob on?

PS, I couldn't help myself. I checked out their site. The domain is a private registration (Domains by Proxy, Inc.) so they haven't even registered it to their own company, preferring to keep those details to themselves for some reason. Their email address that they contacted me on is

atlantaseoworks@dwtseo.com

Oh dear, did I inadvertently reveal an address for email harvesting scrapers to add to their spam lists...?

Ok, anyone who really needs SEO services from a bunch of noobs can call them on +1-404 803 6686 and while they don't have an address, they are based in Atlanta, GA in case anyone lives there and wants to look them up. Oh, they charge $500 for a useless SEO campaign that might get your site up there for a term no one searches on but it will look good cause your company name can be top of the SERPs, or $800 for an nationwide campaign. Oh, wow, you can have your company name on top of the SERPs for the whole wide world! Wow, I will have to give them a call, I'm so excited...
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Unbelievable!

Postby TrentBrownrigg » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:25 pm

LMAO!
* No links here... Search my name if you want to find me!
TrentBrownrigg

Postby lissie » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:33 pm

Woops - will take Terry off my spamming list! I have a new way for knowing when my scammy little sies make top 100 pages in Google - its quicker than bothering with a rank checker - I just waste for some spammer to send me an email promising to get me to the "top of Google" - usually with a url like google.com : :shock:
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby dgodot » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:16 pm

Kind of smart, actually. Wait a couple months and take a look at his backlinks in Yahoo, and now you'll know if there are any sites that will send you links for free :)
dgodot

Return to General Business