[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Quality of Writing: Articles v. Niche Blog

Quality of Writing: Articles v. Niche Blog

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Quality of Writing: Articles v. Niche Blog

Postby lissie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 am

Hi I am just starting on my first (proper) promotional campaign for my first kw sniper site ala Court's model. The site itself has about 3000 words (10 posts) of original but, if I do say so myself, fairly dull content. The content is not illiterate or kw stuffed (well not too much) - but at the end of the day the content doesn't give the answer the reader is looking for the : the ads hopefully will - its an adsense site.

So my question is now I am starting writing articles /hubs/lenses to promote the site do I actually need to write more useful content for the articles? I'm thinking yes because the article has to be useful enough to the reader for them to want to click thru and checkout my link.

Also what should my article submission strategy be. So far I started with existing lenses and hubs I had lying around and just added the link to existing hubs/lenses
Then I submitted an article to ezines because they take ages to approve .
goarticles is my next target because of being able to add html to the text

Should I focus just on these 2 to start :I haven't bought any article submitter software yet but I am thinking about getting article marketer service that court recommends

Any comments would be helpful: sometimes it all seems overwhelming!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Re: Quality of Writing: Articles v. Niche Blog

Postby Tel » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:24 am

Lissie, you're doing everything right so far!

There is some discussion going on about the way Google is changing its indexing tactics yet again and I believe it is looking at discounting links from any duplicate content whether they be sites or articles wherever they may be. This will have far reaching consequences for site-owners who have been using this method to generate many backlinks from different sources all with one article.

It could be one of the reasons Google's index is so volatile at the moment as they go through the process of re-counting all websites' in-links in their index and re-sorting them for ones that have hitherto ranked highly with links from duplicate content sources.

From my own point of view, I sort of guessed something like this was on the cards, so I've never gone down the road of submitting articles to multiple sites and creating all that duplicate content.

Choice is yours though!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: Quality of Writing: Articles v. Niche Blog

Postby lissie » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Wow that would be be a fair shake out! I guess I will hold off on paying for article marketer a fair bit longer! I guess I will just keep on writing more articles!
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Return to Article Writing