[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Goarticles backlink question

Goarticles backlink question

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Goarticles backlink question

Postby Medicman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Medicman

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:23 pm

Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby Medicman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:35 pm

h*tp://gouttreatments.blogspot.com/

h*tp://www.squidoo.com/goutinformation/

I wanted to add, thanks Grizz

Medicman

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Medic,

You've got some decent links to both sites and h*tp://gouttreatments.blogspot.com/ is ranking 311 on G but nowhere on Yahoo yet. h*tp://www.squidoo.com/goutinformation/ is ranking 133 on Yahoo and nowhere on G. (both for the term Gout Treatment) Neither is showing the GoArticle links however which is curious.

Could you give me the GoArticle URL (s) and I'll dig a little deeper.
Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby Medicman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:16 pm

This is the first article I did for the squidoo lens last year.

h*tp://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=510100

This is one for my Gout Treatments blog

h*tp://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=879455

I previewed the links and they go to the articles.

Thanks,

Medic

Medicman

Postby Grizzly » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby Gartwynn » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Gartwynn

Postby Medicman » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:02 pm

Medicman

Postby DennisJr » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:54 pm

-Dennis
DennisJr

Re: Goarticles backlink question

Postby jaggerstone » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:56 pm

I've also noticed that GoArticles seems to have lost their "Google appeal". I'm showing they have a PR3 and I believe they did rank at PR4 or better a couple of months ago. I too have ran some of my sites through SEO Elite and none of my Goarticles are showing up either which leads me to believe they have lost the Google love. Damn shame too.....I love Goarticles! :-(

Anyway, I'll wait for Griz's analysis on Goarticles before I use them again. Too much work to do and not enough time to be wasting effort in areas that don't produce.

Phil
jaggerstone

Postby Medicman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:28 pm

Looks like we may be seeing a trend. What a shame.

Medic

Medicman

Postby dinheiro » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:56 pm

Let's wait and see what happens. Google is instable, and goarticles is an old domain with good authority. I believe it'll come back to the index.
|
dinheiro

Postby Coaster » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:08 am

Laying on the beach in Queensland
Coaster

Postby dinheiro » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:37 am

|
dinheiro

Postby Grizzly » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Ok, I have run a few tests with Goarticles and this is what seems to be happening.

I created a couple of new blogs and only used GoArticles for links. Both blogs took over a week to get indexed (not good) and the GoArticle links are not showing for any of the search engines. Now two possibilities exist - either G found the blogs on their own or G followed the GoArticle links. My hunch is that G followed the links as a third blog I set up has no links whatsoever and has yet to be indexed. (over 3 weeks so far).

This is far from scientific but G must still crawl Goarticles regularly (just too much content to ignore) but I think they have devalued any link juice coming from the site as it houses a lot of spam and duplicate content.

My Grizzly home page used to be a PR4 and is now a zero h*tp://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/author.cgi?C=46507 which may be an indication of G devaluing the PR or maybe just because I have not been building links to it for some time now and haven't been adding new articles. I plan on getting some fresh backlinks to it to see if it can be rejuvenated. It is interesting that the Top Authors page h*tp://www.goarticles.com/top-authors.html has also been devalued from PR3 to N/A.

In any event I think it still works for indexing but seems to be useless for link juice. Too bad but as mentioned above - we tend to screw up everything in our ruthless pursuit of backlinks...
Grizzly
Site Admin

Postby lissie » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:34 am

It seems then just to stick with ezines :they bring a bit of traffic as well as the links
Lis
and Controversy!
lissie

Postby Medicman » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:31 am

thanks for the update, grizzly

Medicman

Return to Article Writing