[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Pligg Sites for Backlinks

Pligg Sites for Backlinks

This is the place to exchange links with other websites. NO ADS!!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Pligg Sites for Backlinks

Postby Tel » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:53 am

I have finally created my own Social Bookmarking Site, which uses the pligg.com software (same as BloggingZoom). You can register and login to the site easily then simply submit your blog posts - if you're familiar with BZ, then it's easy.

The site is already a PR2, and while its still new, you'll get on the front page with just 5 votes, meaning you get a good one way backlink to your site from an already established site. As with BZ, try to make your summary original and make sure you include your keyword in there as it helps with SEO.

http://www.thefb.net

Also, there is another pligg site with a similar format that has been created by Simo at:

http://bloglancer.net

And one from Elliott:

http://officialnewswire.com

Please feel free to make use of these sites to get links for your own sites. As more members create their own pligg sites, they'll get puiblished here with a link.

Note to Mods - please don't delete these links, thanks!
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: New Social Bookmarking Sites for Backlinks

Postby Simo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:01 am

And don't forget to give a few votes to other people's submissions, too. Both websites are new, so they don't get any search engines traffic yet, therefore we need to help submissions to get the 5 votes required to get published.

BlogLancer.net has PR 0 so far, but I took this very seriously and started getting links to it, so I hope to increase it by the next PR update.
| | | | Buy this year and help saving our planet. Hurry up! Earth needs your help this Christmas.
Simo

Postby mrbreze » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:53 pm

Terry,
I followed your link and submitted 2 articles. First time I've posted in any sort of social site so, naturally one of 'em is in the wrong category. (thewedgewood.com/Wedgwood Marks). I mistakenly put it to home & garden instead of your collecting category. Any way to edit the submission ? I have a 3rd submission to enter and I want to vote for the folks in here but, I was wondering if I could change the category after submission.

Thanks
Rick
(hard damn work making us look so good :)
Last edited by mrbreze on Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbreze

Postby mrbreze » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:38 pm

Simo,
I was only able to submit one site. The other two came up invalid URL. All three were submitted to thefb. What did I do wrong ?

Thanks
Rick
Disregard Simo,
I was able to submit them this morning. Thanks guys for setting this up.
Rick
Last edited by mrbreze on Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrbreze

Postby Tel » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:36 am

Rick, I just had a look and even from the admin panel I was unable to change the category. I think that once a post gets published it uses the category you pick to form part of the permanent url (each new submission is created in ots own page, just like blog posts). I don't think the software is advanced enough to make this kind of change yet.

I'll submit a request to pligg and see if they'll include it in a future upgrade.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby mrbreze » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:10 pm

Thanks for trying Terry. I appreciate it.
I'll pay more attention next time.
Rick
mrbreze

Postby mrbreze » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:29 pm

Just to let everyone know: I submitted three sites to Terry's and Simo's new social sites last week and they're already indexed in G. One of 'em has the number 11 position for the keyword and the others are all on pages 2,3, or 4 for their keywords. Anyone needing another backlink source should check 'em out.

Thanks
Rick
(One more thing: thanks to everyone that voted for my sites. I'm also voting for everyone in here as I find your sites.)
Last edited by mrbreze on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrbreze

Postby Tel » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:17 pm

That's great! I'm seeing some of my posts get ranked fast too. This is definitely a good way of promoting any site and I'm getting links to TheFB to try to boost its PR next time around.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby nicola » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:12 pm

I'm glad you posted that - I'd forgotten about it :oops:

I really must get more organised!
nicola

Postby indoorouthouse » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:38 am

Terry, you are an absolute gent - thanks for the site, i'm off to register........
indoorouthouse

Postby bgmacaw » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:29 pm

My question on Pligg sites remains, "Do those links get counted by Google since they're PHP redirects?"
Frank Carr from at OpTempo |
| |
bgmacaw

Postby Tel » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:37 pm

I thought Jonix answered that somewhere else that they do get counted. I'll have a look on the pligg forum when I get some time and see if there is any more info there.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby mrbreze » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:52 pm

Terry,
I used the Firefox context menu toolbar to check backlinks for my FB submissions. Although the submissions rank high in google and yahoo, even outranking 2 of my sites, the backlinks aren't showing up. The links do show up when I check the stats in my cpanel. Does that make good sense?
Thanks
Rick
mrbreze

Postby dreamscaper » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:58 am

A big Thank you to both Tel and Simo for taking the time to do these sites. I have just registered for both and begun adding some bookmarks and voting for various members posts.
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby Simo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:29 am

I've read somewhere that the links count, despite the fact that they remain hidden (I cannot find the place I got the info from, so I can't give you the link). Nevertheless, there is a possibility to change the Pligg setup to show direct links instead of redirects - this is how to do it: http://forums.pligg.com/suggestions/689 ... p-out.html
| | | | Buy this year and help saving our planet. Hurry up! Earth needs your help this Christmas.
Simo

Postby Tel » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:13 am

Thanks Simonne, I made the change.

Since I upgraded to 9.9.5 I've had lots of problems with templates. The Darkwater template I was using started running very slow, especially on story submissions and new sign-ups. I lost the about page I'd amended (my fault for not backing it up) and I seem to have lost a lot of the admin config functions. I changed to a different Template which I don't really like but there are still lots of problems.

Did you upgrade to 9.9.5 yet?
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Simo » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:30 pm

I didn't upgrade, as I've just arrived from vacation and I had no time to keep up with all things. I'll take a look to see what benefits would this upgrade bring. If you had troubles with your layout, it means I'll have the same problems, as they look quite similar and were done by the same guys.
Simo

Postby mrbreze » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:58 pm

Hey Terry and Simo,

I submitted my new website to your pligg sites TheFB and Bloglancer yesterday. Checked a few minutes ago to see if by chance
my site was indexed yet. It's not. But my submissions for the new site are indexed.
My thanks to everyone that voted my submission so it would get published and indexed so fast. I just voted on all of the submissions I could.

Thanks again
Rick
mrbreze

Postby Tel » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi Rick,

Glad you got some use out of those sites. A lot of us are using them to get posts indexed and create deep links to the sites, which all counts towards authority.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby Simo » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey, Rick,

Thanks for your contribution! Even if you don't get indexed immediately, it's good to have inbound links which will get older and older, passing authority to your sites. Both Terry and I are working to get our Pligg sites more authority, so you can enjoy also some nice PR with the next update.
Simo

Next

Return to Link Exchange