[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Unique Opinions

Unique Opinions

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Unique Opinions

Postby nicola » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:36 pm

I've just heard about uniqueopinions . org and wondered if anyone had any experience?

Apparently they give you unique content for free and all you have to do is leave their link intact.... too good to be true? I'm a bit suspicious because the site that recommended them had what looked like an affiliate link and I wonder why he had an aff. link if all content was free (or am I missing something here?)

BTW, this isn't a disguised advert - they're nothing to do with me!
nicola

Re: Unique Opinions

Postby dreamscaper » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 pm

Wow...

I just went to the site and checked it out; it reads like a content provider minus the fee! :shock:

Assuming it pans out here are the basic details:

-unique content in bundles of 5 or more articles delivered weekly
-looks to be 150+ words per piece
keyword rich - could mean requested keywords is allowed
-allowed to add your own links to the pieces

The catch (if you call it that) is that each piece / article will have alink to amajor brand name added to it and you are supposed to not remove that link while you are free to add your own; they check this by verifying the content on the site you tell them it is on. Of course this means telling someone where your sites are at - BUT a simple rewrite means you can have the new versions of this piece on a site known only to you. Just make sure they cant trace you through copyscape. :twisted: :-D :twisted: :-D

So I think I will make use of this on one blog (that I will let them know about) and see how it goes.
I actually think they will be overwhelmed though despite the brand name income they must be getting and not be able to keep up...
Last edited by dreamscaper on Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby dgodot » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:40 am

Sounds like a big winner for agricultural blogs. If you wanted to be evil you could set up one noindexed blog just for their stuff, and then use copies minus the links on your own blogs :twisted:

Their page is coming up blank right now, though... maybe they've already been overwhelmed!
dgodot

Postby dreamscaper » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:59 am

Two things:

First, they say they will bookmark the site and run comments on itso that would probably get it indexed whether you like it or not ... unless you were to use ablogger blog that lets you tell google not to index it :twisted:

Second, the site comes up blank because of the spaces in the url that nicola provided: try it without any spaces or search on google and see if it offers it to you the right way (ie uniqueopinions.org)
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby dgodot » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:50 am

dgodot

Postby Coaster » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:35 am

you need to have the www h**p://www.uniqueopinions.org/

So I am guessing this is a bit like paid reviews except you dont get paid. Or more like you making a free LV style network for them!! Thats what it really is.
Laying on the beach in Queensland
Coaster

Postby nicola » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:57 pm

The telling them what blog it would go on is what I was worried about, but this is probably a neat solution to that.
nicola

Postby James » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:11 pm

It's limited to North America only. Bah.
James

Postby nicola » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 pm

How annoying!
nicola

Postby dreamscaper » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:28 am

The site claimed that they would get back to any requests within 48 hours and three days later still no reply; I dont know if I should expect to here anything from them anytime soon or if I will suddenly receive a pack of articles in my email in a few days...
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby ejcross » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:22 am

I signed up also with one of my preowned domain sites, and have been waiting also. We'll see what happens!
|
ejcross

Postby nicola » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:38 pm

nicola

Postby ejcross » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:22 pm

still haven't heard anything from them, been since I posted about it and having applied...
|
ejcross

Postby dreamscaper » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:10 am

I just went and bought Frank's Content Generator Wizard so I really am not concerned with unique opinions any longer - if they are even around. :roll: :?:
Stephen
dreamscaper

Postby nicola » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:31 pm

I really want the content generator but it's Windows only - time to look at paralells!
nicola

Postby Tel » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:34 pm

I just got Franks blog content wizard too and I have to say it does exactly what it says it does. What a time saver for building keyword rich content for sites.

For just $47 its a source of endless unique albeit barely readable content which is perfect for sites that no one but the search engines are going to read anyway. :-D
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Return to Article Writing