[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - How to make individual post title part of URL???

How to make individual post title part of URL???

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

How to make individual post title part of URL???

Postby mrbreze » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:05 pm

Here I go again with another dumb question.
I'm pretty sure this has been answered in here but, I haven't been able to find it.
I've modified all kinds of stuff trying to get the post title in the url but, nothing has worked.
So, what do I modify for the url to appear like this? mysite.blogspot.com/my-post-title
Bein' dumber'n a football bat, I finally realized,
every link I've left for my blogger blogs are pointing to the home page. :-o
I'd like to not do that anymore.

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks,
Rick
mrbreze

Re: How to make individual post title part of URL???

Postby Tel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:26 pm

This might be a dumb reply then...

Blogger does it automatically for you each time you post. The title of the post is the tail-end of the url!

If you check by going into the Edit Posts panel, and hover your mouse over the View link for each post, you'll see the full url in the status bar in your browser.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby mrbreze » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:06 am

Thanks for the reply Terry.
Mine doesn't show that at all. I'm getting this:websitesmakingmoney.blogspot.com/2008/07/websites-making-money_31.html
The post title is, "taking paid surveys". Must be a setting I've got wrong.
Thanks
Rick
mrbreze

Postby nicola » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:28 am

I'm just looking at your site and when I go to an archived post and click on the title it takes me back to the main page - have you modified any of the settings?
nicola

Postby nicola » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:32 am

Just playing around with one of my blogger blogs and I've found something that may help - check if, under 'archiving', the 'Enable post pages' is set to yes or no. It should be yes. I just set mine to no and some funny things happened.
nicola

Postby DeMerchant » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am

I believe in blogger if you name your post one thing, then change it to another, the URL doesn't change... perhaps that's your problem?

Get Links With , , , , and
DeMerchant

Postby mrbreze » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Thanks for all the help ya'll.
Underneath the "Title" field in create a new post is a window to enter a link. I've always entered my main url.
I just wrote a new post and left that link field blank. Now the post title is part of the url like I wanted.
Learning curve.

Thanks again,
Rick
mrbreze

Return to General Business