[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - Free autoresponders - worth the price?

Free autoresponders - worth the price?

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Free autoresponders - worth the price?

Postby Johnno » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:11 am

I noticed the "Honest Way" ebook was delivered with Freeautobot.com, yet the ebook itself talks about Aweber as the prefered autoresponder.

I have read elsewhere about issues relating to deliverability with free autoresponder services.

I was thinking of starting my list with Freeautobot.com until some regular money is rolling in.

Anyone got any opinions about Freeautobot.com (or another free autoresponder)?
Johnno

Re: Free autoresponders - worth the price?

Postby Tel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:49 am

That free autoresponder works ok and although its quite limited, its fine for what I need it for. As for building a list, that was something from the early days when I didn't know any better. The ebook is a compilation of articles from the main site, again all written in the early days when I didn't know any better.

While I may have an almost half decent list by now, I don't even look at it as its not the way I'm doing business online now.

So as to any autoresponders, sure Aweber is still the best. Always was and I suppose always will be. To start up the free one is ok and if you want to upgrade later, I Aweber allows to you import an existing list.

However, from my way of think now, a list is only worth having if you are going to sell stuff to them and that usually means eBooks and other software. But unless you are creating your own products, don't waste your time trying to flog them clickbank products as they've probably already been inundated by all the big affiliates.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Postby David57 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:24 pm

I used Free Autobot autoresponder for a couple of months and I was pulling my hair out. Messages wouldn't get delivered, I had trouble accessing my list of people. It was horrible. I thought I would try it out and if it was successful I would switch to a paid service. I should have gone with the paid service. I considered Aweber but chose Getresponse instead. I have been completely satisfied with the service and the options I have. I have been with them for about 14 months, and no problems. The cost is low too about $19.00 a month. For me it is well worth it.

It was a hassle for me to contact my subscribers from the free service and tell them that they had to go through the sign up process again. I lost a few. Compare Aweber and Getresponse and chose the one that works the best for you. I think you will appreciate a paid service.

My 2 cents.
David
David Robertson
|
David57

Postby cherie2710 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:54 am

Freeautobot is good if you don't have the budget for autoresponder.
You can use the free autoresponder to build you list before switching to a paid service.

I use this free autoresponder before. Quite a nice autoresponder.
Cherie Ang

cherie2710

Return to General Business