Do you have multiple EzineArticles accounts?

Discuss the whys and wherefors of article writing and publishing. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

Do you have multiple EzineArticles accounts?

Postby daniel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:56 am

Hi everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

I used to submit articles to GoArticles.com, but the only backlinks that I could see using the Google "link:" command were the urls in my GoArticles authors' pages, and it appeared to take quite a long time before these were added by Google. So I'm reconsidering EzineArticles.

What I like about EzineArticles is that I've found that a previous blog would sometimes get outranked in the serps for a particular keyword phrase by an EzineArticle. In addition, when I wrote a few EzineArticles myself, I found that they were sending me a not insignificant amount of traffic. So I'm thinking that, aside from using an article there as a possible intermediary and source of backlinks, I could also use it to test possible niches, to see how much traffic the first page gets.

Thing is, their Editorial Guidelines specify that they allow only one account per human. I don't know enough about computers to make changes to my IP address (don't know if I can even), so I was wondering if anyone here has tried multiple EzineArticles accounts on one IP, and if there were any problems with such a setup. Even if EzineArticles allows for alternate author names in one account, I'd still rather have separate accounts if possible.

Thanks.
daniel

Re: Do you have multiple EzineArticles accounts?

Postby TxDon » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:57 pm

Daniel,

I only have one EZA account but multiple pen names. One pen name per niche. I've had it for years so I don't think you have anything to worry about. Go ahead and set up the account and then gradually set up your pen names.

I'm sure you could set up multiple accounts if you just have to have them. Using a proxy or another computer like your laptop from your local WiFi hotspot should do the trick. But that's a lot of trouble. If anyone ever stood a chance of loosing their EZA account, it would be me :-o

Don
TxDon

Re: Do you have multiple EzineArticles accounts?

Postby daniel » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:10 am

Thanks for the response, Don. Appreciate it. :-)

Hmmm. I already have the one EzineArticles account, but I've used it for articles relating to a personal blog that I want to keep completely separate from my (eventual) other blogs (only have 5 so far, but am working on that).

You're right though, would seem to be too much of a hassle (at least right now) for me to set up a separate one using a different location. Or I'm thinking, maybe I'll get a friend of mine to set it up, and I'll just send over my articles to him for submission. Maybe that'll work.

Again, thanks. It's always great to hear from someone who's been at this game for years and can talk from experience. :-)
daniel

Return to Article Writing