[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - What Motivates You?

What Motivates You?

General online business related discussions go here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

What Motivates You?

Postby ftello » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:08 am

There are many different reasons why people leave their 9-5 jobs to work from home. Some buy into the hype that they will get rich quick, some are tired of working for someone else, some want to spend more time at home, etc. I had been in retail since high school, and after 7 years in the U.S. Navy I went back to retail.

After being married for 23 years I looked back at all the years and realized how much time I had spent away from my family. I had missed a lot of the precious moments with my 2 children , while they were growing up. Being in management only meant that I was away from home 12 to 15 hours a day and I always brought my work home with me.

I did not want to be working for someone else until I am 65 just to receive a pittance to live on. At 44 I decided to take full control of my financial future and not have to count on someone paying me what They thought I am worth.

What motivates me is the freedom that I have to do what I want when I want. My family is a lot happier now, and we seem to do a lot more now as a family that we did before. Being home more has made all the difference for me to have a better mind set working on line. I do not dwell on the time I lost, but on all the time I have to spend with my family now and in the future.

Just My Thoughts.

Frank
| |
ftello

Motivating Factor

Postby Oosha » Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:38 am

What motivates me - This is something I love writing about, because it keeps me focused and makes me work even harder at achieving what I set out to.

My main motivating factor is my son. He is a teenager now and I realized that I hardly ever spent quality time with him. I look at him and wonder where all those years have gone. He will be going off to college soon and will have a life of his own.

When he is off to make a life for himself, he should have memories of the time he spent with his family. I have achieved a lot of success professionally, but at the cost of sacrificing the more important things in life.

I am happy the realization came now and it's never too late. I intend to make up for all that by being with my son and spending time with my parents, for whom I never had time in the past 10 years because I have always worked for about 16 hours a day.

The other fact is that I am tired of working for someone else. I wish to be able to travel and do things that I have always wanted to do, at my own pace. All this can be achieved only when I am my own Boss and what better than being at home and achieving all this.

I'm done :)
Last edited by Oosha on Tue May 22, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oosha

Motivation

Postby magnetize » Fri May 11, 2007 12:17 am

Motivation for me is to push myself towards my dreams. I want financial independence. I know that money is certainly not everything, but it does make life easier if you don't focus on it too much.

I have traveled the world as a chef and had a great but hard working life. But now I'm living in the country of my dreams and having achieved 3 major goals in my life I can say, that I have been successful.

But I'm still young (just about to hit 40 :D ) and there are so many places I haven't seen, so many adventures I haven't lived and so many people I haven't met yet...

To keep my motivation fresh I'm striving at having fun and enjoying my life with my wonderful husband and my two little cockatiel's. They mean everything to me and being able to share the motivation with somebody else helps. We can inspire each other and walk the way togheter.

Monika :D

magnetize

Re: What Motivates You?

Postby cherie2710 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:26 pm

I want to be financially independent. i don't want to work till i retired.

That is my goal.
Cherie Ang

cherie2710

Postby dinheiro » Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:49 am

Well, I've both experiences. Work 9-5 for a boss (never 9-5 many times it was 96hours non-stop!!!), and the only thing good i got from that was experience.
I now work for me from my home, with a business 4 years now. It's different? Naaaaaaaaaaaa, i still work hard very hard, i don't see much money, and it's almost like work for others, in this case the clients!!

What motivates me? Perseverance that one day i will win every month the sufficient money to don't worry too much if i can go dinner out tomorrow or not.
That's the cruel reality, unfortunately.
|
dinheiro

Postby raz2009 » Sun May 17, 2009 4:04 pm

What motivates me is that feeling of having your own life in your own two hands! You work from wherever you want and whenever you want to work. No one will tell you do this or do that (and this is sometimes a bad thing as you have to be quite disciplined to do the work that needs to be done).

You have the best boss in the world - yourself :) and that is always great! You can also pay yourself how much you like to - according to what money you make of course. You get to plan out your days and spend quality time with the people that matter the most for you and this is probably the best motivator!

You can take a break of a day or a month from what you are doing and no one is going to say "You can't do that!". You also have the opportunity to earn more and more money as you go along and you do not need 5-10 years to double your income like if you were working in the offline world.

These are kind of the things that motivate me. I hope they can motivate someone else as well and help you keep moving forward.
raz2009

Return to General Business