[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
The Honest Way Forum • View topic - More incomprehensibleness - can anyone explain ?

More incomprehensibleness - can anyone explain ?

Discuss anything related to Adsense and other Pay Per Click programs here. NO ADS!

Moderators: magnetize, Oosha, ftello, shezz

More incomprehensibleness - can anyone explain ?

Postby advaita » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Here is a curious story which has left me once more in a quandary !

I have around 30 hubpages - one of them regularly gets between 0 and 5 visitors a day - woohoo ! Three days ago I logged in to my Adsnse account and was shocked to see a whole load of money (relatively speaking) and so was naturally intrigued to see where it had come from.

Upon inspection I noticed that the above-mentioned hubpage which previously was getting 5 visitors a day, had had almost 8,000 visitors and that many of these visitors had very kindly clicked on the little blue ads - I was so disturbed by what I saw that I even wrote to Uncle G to point out the unusual activity as I had thought some software glitch had occurred - so far I have received no reply from Uncle G and the money is still in my account !

Anyway, I checked to see where the visitors were coming from and discovered they were all from Yahoo - - hooray I thought I have finally cracked Yahoo and will be getting thousands of visitors a day from now on !

Unfortunately that surge of 8,000 visitors lasted just 1 day and the hubpage is now back down to its usual 5 a day :-(

If you are curious to know how much 8,000 visitors brought in in dosh in one day then multiply the number of letters in the alphabet by the number of letters in dollar ! That makes quite a change from the usual $2 a day !

Any explanations as to why the number of visitors surged and why they stopped would be much appreciated ! I thought it might be stumbleupon etc... but I thought those sort of visitors never clicked on anything.
advaita

Re: More incomprehensibleness - can anyone explain ?

Postby Tel » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:28 pm

Yahoo is a strange beast and sites can suddenly rank for keywords one day and be gone the next. To have attracted 8,000 visits from that search engine, your hub page must have fluked its way to the top of a very high traffic keyword, then dropped out of sight again.

That's a nice peek-a-boo with the adsense earnings, pity you couldn't see which keyword your hub ranked for - it would be worth developing it.
Terry

| | |
Tel
Site Admin

Re: More incomprehensibleness - can anyone explain ?

Postby dinheiro » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Link your google adsense account with analytics, and use analytics on hubpages. That way you can track easily what's better and what's worst.
|
dinheiro

Return to Adsense / PPC